Do we need a project that adds 3,848 new daily trucks to Routes 41 and 145, and doubles traffic at rush hour?
That’s Austin Quarry.
Vulcan Materials, the nation’s largest aggregate producer, is proposing to open Madera County’s largest quarry ever, right near the intersection of Route 145 and Route 41. If approved, the project would add up to 3,848 new daily trucks to the already-overburdened 2-lane road system.
The Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing and then vote on September 12, 2016, at 9 a.m.
Address: 200 W. 4th St., in downtown Madera. Be there, and be heard.
- Dump 206 truck trips per hour – or three trips per minute – onto southbound Route 41, which is already saturated with Fresno-bound commute traffic and emergency service vehicles.
- Double traffic on northbound Route 41.
- On Route 145 near Route 41, double traffic in both directions.
- On Route 145 at the intersection with Route 41, increase right turning traffic heading toward Fresno by 250%.
- On Route 41 at the intersection with 145, increase left turning traffic heading to Madera Ranchos from 13 trips to 207 trips per hour.